NHS Bury CCG enquiries and complaints 

  • The Patient Advice and Liaison Service (PALS) offers confidential advice, support and information on health-related matters. The team provides a point of contact for patients, their families and carers. To contact our PALS team for advice, support and information, please complete this online form or call 0161 253 5959 (8.45am until 5pm Monday to Friday, excluding bank holidays)
  • To make a complaint please e-mail buccg.burypatientservices@nhs.net, call 0161 271 3110 (10am until 4pm Monday to Friday, excluding bank holidays) or write to us at the address below.
  • To make a Freedom of Information request please complete this online form or email buccg.burypatientservices@nhs.net
  • You can also write to us at: NHS Bury CCG, Townside Primary Care Centre, 1 Knowsley Place, Knowsley Street, Bury, BL9 0SN

Our Patient Services team is working in an agile. Please email: buccg.burypatientservices@nhs.net and a member of the team will respond to your enquiry.

Enquiries or complaints about primary care services

If a patient has an enquiry or a complaint in relation to services provided by GP Practices, opticians, dentists and pharmacists,  they can either direct this to the provider of the service (i.e. via their GP Practice Manager), or to NHS England.

Many patients choose to seek local resolution directly with the service provider, this can often be quicker and less formal.

If a patient chooses to direct their enquiry or complaint to NHS England, the NHS England Contact Centre can be contacted on: 0300 311 2233 (8am to 6pm Monday to Friday excluding bank holidays):

PALS and complaints services of our main providers

  • Details of the Pennine Acute Hospitals NHS Trust PALS service can be found here and details of their Complaints service can be found here. This includes community services from July 2019.
  • Details of the Pennine Care NHS Foundation Trust’s PALS and Complaints service can be found here.

NHS Complaint Advocacy Service

Some patients may require help and support to make a complaint.  The Bury Advocacy Hub provides advice on how to make a complaint: